Kulturhistorische Punkte


City: Dravograd

The museum collection is arranged in the basement of the municipal building, in which during the Second War the Gestapo agents from Dravograd had their own seat, who were far and wide known for its brutality and atrocity. Five basements were converted into a prison cells, where they shut away partisans, their staff and all others who have been deemed suspicious.In the former prison cells have been preserved with the prison doors, also some objects of people who were imprisoned here are on exhibition. On exhibition are also a commemorative surviving records, which describing suffering hundreds of people who are imprisoned in these facilities.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Libeliče

The museum collection tells stories about the life and events with historic character due to the location near the border, as well as the scenic character of the municipality of Dravograd. The black kitchen in Libeliče is one of the finest and largest of such premises in Slovenia. The collection of agricultural tools in a barn in Libeliče combines working and holiday traditions through the four seasons. The plebiscite collection describes how the inhabitants of Libeliče tried to reunify with their homeland out of love for Slovenia. And last but not least, the ossuary is one of the three surviving ones in Slovenia that has kept its content: the bones.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Dravograd

The church of St. Vid is one of the oldest buildings in Dravograd. It is a Romanesque church from the 12th century with the typical Carinthian east bell tower. The church has exhibited fresco with the image of St. Florijan, who extinguished the burning town of Dravograd. Today the church is primarily intended for cultural events and weddings.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Dravograd

The church of the Holy Spirit on Ojstrica complements the image of the landscape park Košenjak-Velka. The church was first mentioned in year 1619. In its architectural structure contains the largest surface painted ceiling in Slovenia. Special attention is worthy because it is signed and dated: 1626 and 1627 and the names Krištof Jamnik, Jurij Skurlej, Rupert Slang. The ornamentation of this ceiling paintings is typical for its time, but represents the ultimate form of pattern sampling. The meaning of painted wooden ceiling is much bigger, because it is a unique monument that marks a culture of painting.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Šentjanž pri Dravogradu

Church of the St. Peter on the Kronska gora mountain is one of the most beautiful and the most important baroque creations. This is one of the few churches with two bell towers. The church was conceived as a pilgrimage


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Dravograd

The facility with an exceptional history and rich cultural and historical heritage,is located in the beautiful natural environment of peace, freshness, silence of the castle park, the nearby forests and river.
The Bukovje mansion provide 20 accommodation for bikers and other travelers. They offer three double bedrooms, one of which was furnished with antique accessories from the mansion, and a group rooms for six or eight people.
TEL: 02 / 87-23-583, dvorecbukovje@dravit.si


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The parish church is located in the heart of Črna na Koroškem and is dedicated to St. Ožbolt, who are the patron of mowers, livestock and plague (The Black death). Is an example of uniformly designed neo-Romanesque architecture. A present appearance was given in 1885, when it was rebuilt after a fire. Besides main altar with the image of St. Ožbolt, king with a crown, scepter and a bird in the hand are in the church also two side altars. A beautifully painted ceiling is decorated with frescoes depicting saints. Stained glass at the main altar bearing the image of St. Heart of Jesus and Mary.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The Gothic parish church of St. Jakob older, the patron saint of workers, pilgrims and soldiers was supposedly built in the 13th or 14th century. It represents a unique landscape monument that stands above the valley of the Meža River at an altitude of 1073 m. Due to its special position is despite of very diverse mountainous region visible from all surrounding valleys, the message of its three bronze bells reaches even to the most remote homesteads.Besides the main altar of St. Jakob, depicted with a walking stick and shell are in the church two side altars.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na koroškem

East of the Črna na Koroškem, at the highest point of the ridge, by the Koroška-Styrian border, stands the parish church of St. Magdalena in Javorje, the patroness of seduced, lead foundryworkers and childrens who find it difficult to learn to walk. With an altitude of 1,156 m is the highest lying parish in Slovenia. It is an interesting reflection of folk architecture and artistic volition. Peculiarity of main altar with the image of penitent Magdalena is a unique depiction of St. Trinity above it, in the church are also Mary\'s altar and altar of St. Simon. Church and Cemetery are protect by linden.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

On a steep slope of the Jelenov vrh peak at an altitude of 1221 m, near the border with Austria, standing succursal church of St. Ana. A Saint is intercessor for a happy marriage, childbirth, and the endowment with children and the patroness against the storm. The Gothic church of St. Ana with altar of Black Mary is built very simple, but contributes a lot to a single image of a beautiful landscape Kopriva. A homestead Jelen near the church is very beautiful farm and is in a wholly a unique ethnographic monument.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

At an altitude of 1000 meters standing a succursal church of the parish church of St. Magdalena, which is from the 17th century. It is dedicated to St. Jošt, the patron of pilgrims, blind and old people\'s homes and guardian of grain before the fire. It is fully covered with an autochthonous roofing, called »skodle«. Upon renewal the foundations of two previous churches have been found, specialists have found out that the original church, supposedly from 12th century, was burned down.
Peculiarity of the main altar is the tabernacle of a monstrance, also known as an ostensorium (or an ostensory), with special opening mechanism with two angels. The church contains a valuable organs from the year 1772.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The succursal church of St. Helena, patroness of mines, treasures and intercessor against lightning and fire hazards in Podpeca. The church is built very simple, in the Gothic style at an altitude of 1026 m. It was consecrated in year 1477 and completly restored in 1986.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The monument in the center of Črna is dedicated to the victims of the first and second World War in Črna na Koroškem and is the work of the greatest Slovenian architect, Jože Plečnik. Opening of the monument took place on 31 August 1952.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na koroškem

More than 200 years old well, a depth of 23.5 and a diameter of 3 meters, is located on the Mežner farm, near of the cemetery and the church of St. Magdalena and elementary school Javorje in the small mountain village with secluded farms above Črna na Koroškem. The well is situated at an altitude of 1180 meters and is the highest-lying and oldest well in Koroška region. In the past it was the only source of drinking water in this part of Javorje for all nearby users and visitors.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The most famous is the Burjak mill in Topla, which is included in the tourist long-distance trail called Mill road and runs from Šoštanj to Bad Eisenkappel in Austria.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

A pillar from year 1724, which was built in memory of the victims and survivors as thanks to the last plague epidemic, according to oral tradition, call it the \"Rosalia\". The top of Mary\'s pillar is crowned with a statue of the Immaculate Virgin, while St. Rosalia symbolic rests in a tomb niche of the monument.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

After the last Turkish incursion in Carinthia (1483) is on the west side of the City Hall created a fresco of a\"Bleiburg Turk\", which was in year 1962 with the demolition of the building unfortunately destroyed. In 1993 a painter from Bleiburg, Franz Brandl (1928-2012) created a new \"Turkish window\" along a role model of the original fresco. www.franzbrandl.at


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The Bleiburg castle was became a shape that is similar to today\'s around 1501. Since 1601 is owned by the Earl of Thurn-Valsassina Como Vercelli. Between 1368 and 1601 the castle was owned by the provincial princes. Currently, the interior of the castle is not open to the public


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The Roman Catholic Church (1241) is dedicated to the apostles Peter and Paul. Worth seeing are the pulpit, statues of wood, the Mary\'s altar, a window of Karl Volk, organ, People\'s altar and the Piran Way of the Cross. You can also visit the European square and the Garden of Religions and a parson\'s house. Information: www.kath-kirche-kaernten.at/pfarren/pfarre/C2916/


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The pilgrimage church was built at the site of the blue-colored vision above a prehistoric settlement from the stone of the Einersdorf old castle. A uniform High Baroque building with a rare form of four-leaf clover was built after a severe fire, that had devastated in year 1739 in Bleiburg. Ceilings and walls are painted with ornaments. The top of the hill on which stands the church, we will reach on foot through the beautiful trail of the Rosary, which wall signs was restored in 1996 by Josef Stefan.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The succursal church of St. Mary on the sand is a medium-sized, basically Romanesque building with Gothic-quality furnishings. A creator of unique wall frescoes (1400 - 1480) is the \"Master of the village os Einersdorf\", which in the 15th century, considered as the most respected artists of Carinthia. The main altar is adorned with a beautiful Gothic statue of the Madonna (1340 - 1350) in natural size. During the Reformation it was buried in a field on the cemetery wall and later transferred to their place. (Source: Association of artistic cycling route Bleiburg)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

A small Romanesque church in Aich is one of the oldest churches in Carinthia. Specialty is a precious wooden ceiling with stencil paintings and the year of donors 1593. The interior of the apse is decorated with a Romanesque fresco, which depicts the Crucifixion. Wall around the church is built from the remains of the old defensive wall from the time of Turkish invasions. In the vicinity is studio or small gallery of artist Emil Oman from Aich (EMO), which you can also visit by prior booking (tel .: 0043 664 1360368) (Source: Association of artistic cycling route Bleiburg)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The parish church of St. Andrew is a late gothic building that was built before the time of the Turkish invasions. It has a vault in the main building, a large altar and two side altars in the Baroque style. The monument of Croats in the cemetery represents a reminder of the beginning of tragedy at the Loibach common: thousands of Ustasha soldiers who fought on the side of the Germans, had Englishmans together with their family members on 14 and 15 May 1945 in the \"common\" handed over to Tito\'s Yugoslavia. (Source: Association of artistic cycling route Bleiburg)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The church of the Holy Bartholomew with stunning south tower was built in the 13th century and in 1704 extended westward in the Baroque style. In the two side altars from the early Baroque period (1655) we can admire the carved plastic. In recent main altar (around 1730) is the oldest image of st. Bartholomew. (Source: Association of artistic cycling route Bleiburg)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The late Gothic church boasts with a spacious lobby, a pulpit, remains of stenciled wooden ceiling and altar of St. Florian from the second half of the 17th century. In the choir we find the majestic murals of \"Master from Einersdorf\" (15th century), the main altar and side altars are from the time of late Baroque (17th and 18th century). (Source: Association of artistic cycling route Bleiburg)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Bleiburg

The town moat which was first mentioned in 1291, was excavated in the years 1479/80, simultaneously with the construction of the town wall. In the 17th century were parts of the town wall involved in the construction of houses. One of the towers of the town wall is applied in studio of pop-art artist Kiki Kogelnik.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

One of the first sources of mining in the area\'s of Podpeca is a report of mining Judge Johann Georg Warhnuss from year 1746, that talks about the discovery of high-quality lead ore in the pit near the church of St. Helena. In the aforementioned pit twenty-eight miners were working at that time. In 1876 they started to build the Helena tunnel, near which a few years later discovered »three hours ore deposits«. The pit was named after the church of St. Helena at Pikovo, which was built in the 15th century. The pits in Helena due to the rich geological heritage is used for research and educational purposes.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

Partisans from Koroška region were very rapidly established good contacts with the miners. Many of them had courageously made in the fight for freedom. The monument is dedicated to the 52 miners who have sacrificed their lives for their country during Second World .

The monument was erected in 1966. It was designed by academic sculptor Marijan Keršič-Belac, the author of dedicatory inscription.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Mežica


The school building with a gym, dairy, school kitchen and a kindergarten was built in 1926. The new school was then one of the most beautiful rural school buildings in the Slovenian ethnic territory; it was also far and wide the largest and most powerful school building at the time. A building of Mežica Primary School is for that reason extraordinary historical, architectural and cultural significance.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Feistritz ob Bleiburg

The smelting furnace for lead is located in Ruttach-Schmelz (Slovenian Rute). It was built in 1855 under the patronage of Schamberger, Rainer and Kraut. In year 1934 stopped using it. It was renewed in 1996 and is protected as a cultural monument. As one of the largest smelting furnaces for lead in the 19th century is in today\'s world rarity.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Feistritz ob Bleiburg

The Lime kiln is located along the Feistritzbach stream and is definitely worth a visit. It originated from year 1850 and is preserved in its entirety. The raw material was acquired in the area of the Petzen Mountain.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Feistritz ob Bleiburg

A church in St. Michael was allegedly built in 1106 by the Hapsburg Counts.In all these years the church has undergone several reconstructions. It was named after the Archangel Michael, one of the three roll bearing angels, God\'s army commander and fighter for moral justice.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Feistritz ob Bleiburg

North of St. Michael is situated a succursal and pilgrimage church of St. Catherine. As a church of St. Catherine at Kogel was first mentioned in 1404. In May 1793 or 1794 the church was struck by lightning and totally destroyed. The renovation was started only in 1858, when it was anew consecrated by Bishop Anton Martin Slomšek.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Feistritz ob Bleiburg

The church is situated in the middle of the village and is a typical succursal church, whose medieval influence is evident even nowdays. On the southern exterior of the small church we can admire the remains of painted Jesus suffering (the Jesus Passion) from the second half of the 14th century.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

From the first monument next to the trail from Prevalje to Leše –from the chapel of Leše the trail leads us on the footsteps of the mining past towards Leše to the first technical heritage of the former mining activities of Leše – to the Franciscus tunnel from the year 1849. The trails continues to the centre of the village where we can view the old school with frlescimer museum room with a memorial collection containing items from the coal mine of Leše, the relief of Grošelj and the mining family, hospital… The trail ends on a hill where we can find the Gothic church twins St. Volbenk and St. Ana from the 15th century.
Contact: info@lese.si; +386 (0)51 84 34 44


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Society and Anton Matin Slomšek leads through Prevalje as the Mohor society marked the town with the written word and left permanent marks on the area. The Mohor Society ran from Celovec to Prevalje on the 3rd of July 1919 in 64 coaches. It stayed in Prevalje till December 1927. In those restless times it managed to fulfil its purpose – print¬ing books in the Slovene language, as they printed 90 titles in close to two million copies. Anton Martin Slomšek was also connected to Prevalje through the chaplain Anton Oliban, an exceptionally talented friend of Prešeren who died as the chaplain on Prevalje in 1860.
Contact: +386 (0)2 82 46 100


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

At the end of the easy trail hikers can ring the bell of good fortune in the church of St. Kozma and St. Damjan and the positive energy will make their wish come true. In the area surrounding the Brinjeva mountain there are many more natural, cultural and sacral attractions. The trail is enriched by the interesting cultural heritage (church of the Virgin Mary on Fara, The chapel of Broman, the mark of Prosen, The Stations of the Cross, granary, bee house…) and the natural heritage (wild orchid, cuckoo birds nest, lime stone cave, trees, juniper trees, pine trees, geological components…)


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje 

First mention of the church was on 25th April 1335. Design from the year 1861 shows that the church was then a single-nave Gothic Hall. 1890 is the year of construction of a new church. Statue of Madonna from end of the 18th century has been preserved. Today it is located in a side chapel of the church tower. The main altar of the church with the image of Assumption is a rich product of handcraft art from the end of the 19th century. The church was rebuilt by the priest Anton Müller. Altars were made by the priest Anton Kesnar. Church was consecrated by the Bishop of Klagenfurt Joseph Kahn in 1897.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

The Church stands in crossroads of roads, one of which leads to the border to Pliberk second in the upper valley to Mežica. The church dates from the early 14th century and has a rich architectural history. Painting and ornaments originate from the 17th century. Main wooden altar (from year 1653) is representative of \"golden altars\". Similar altar is found in church of St. Ana (Leše- Prevalje). From the church derives a large medieval art, the head of St. John the Baptist on a platter from the late 15th century. As a rare Baroque art was showed at the International Exhibition in Paris, 1963.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

It was first mentioned on March 3th 1496. Since 1965 there is a large cemetery area for towns of Prevalje and Ravne na Koroškem. The church was built several decades before the first mention in 1496 and has been extensively rebuilt in the 17th century. It features a rich interior. From the original church only Gothic presbytery was preserved. Specificity of the church is gothic medieval frescoes by an unknown author on the arch of the presbytery, which were discovered in 1959. The paintings in the church are not restricted to the presbytery alone, but also to the baroque arch in both chapels.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Is a famous Gothic church with a slender bell tower. The interior of the church is artistic immensely rich. A large altar from 1644 is a splendid representative of \"golden altars\" from the 17th century. During restoration of the north and the south wall of the presbytery gothic frescoes were discovered. For the history and stylistic development of our medieval sculpturing is an important statue of St. Barbara held by the National Gallery in Ljubljana. Gothic beauty - the twins are not only an art but also a remarkable landscape monument.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Gothic church is located southwest just a few meters of the church of St.. Anna. The lightning caused fire in 1885, which burned down the old wooden ceiling and most of the church furnishings. Beautiful Baroque high altar of St.. Volbank from the year 1680 was placed by the priest Gaspar Pilate.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Črna na Koroškem

The Uršlja Gora Mountain is romantically rounded on the southern side and daringly rocky on the northern one but nevertheless allures all villagers from Koroška. 1699 metres above sea level, the subsidiary St. Ursula\\\\\\\'s Church adds a touch of mystique to the mountain by being the highest-lying church in Slovenia.

The construction of St. Ursula\\\\\\\'s Church began after 1570 and was finished at the end of the 16th century, in the time of Counter-Reformation. The church is the result of hard work and numerous donations by the local population, with the structure of St. Ursula\\\\\\\'s Church being an example of architectural symbiosis particularly of Gothic and Renaissance architecture principles.

The stories about how and why St. Ursula\\\\\\\'s Church was built are passed from generation to generation. One hint would be that St. Ursula\\\\\\\'s foot got stuck in a rock near the location of today\\\\\\\'s church, where the indentation can still be seen today. If you do not want your feet to ever hurt again, it is suggested that you stick your foot in the rock as well. A bit of caution is still advised, though, because the foot may not come out as easily as it got into the rock.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

It was first mentioned in the years 1055  1065, when as a branch of Bleiburg parish was donated to the diocese of Brixen. As the parish church was first mentioned in 1755. A new church in neo-Romanesque style was built in the five months in the year 1865 and was later on renovated in 1976 and 1989. Most artistic ornament is a right side Baroque altar of St. Mary. The entire interior of the church is covered with frescos from the 19th century.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

In 1989 they built church of St. Cosmas and Damian in Brinjeva mountain. In 1910 a chapel of wood was built. In 1935 brinjegorski farmers build the new church aisle near the old bell tower. Church was made of wood and larger so it alloweed a greater number faithful believers that intercessioned for the health . In 1989 they built a new brick church designed by the architect Andrew Lodrant. Inside are works by local artists: the statue of St.. Cosmas and Damian by Janko Dolenc, Christ on the Cross by dr. Alojz Pogorevc and the Descent from the Cross of painter Okea Rotovnik.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Hayrack on Poljana is ranked among the toplarji – double hayrack and is one of the few preserved in Mežiška valley. After World War II was owned by an agricultural cooperative Prevalje. In 2002 Tourism Association POLJANA taken the active to give a hayrack new content.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Three hundred meters long wall of slag that runs along the road from Memorial Park to the railway station was built in the 1870s and represents a rare and remarkably preserved heritage of iron past of town Prevalje.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

First train drove through Prevalje from Maribor to Klagenfurt on 31st of May 1863. At the same time they built the railway station building, which stands on the northern edge. Built, high-storey building with a highly segmented facade (eleven-axial building with a central rizalitom and two turrets). Rich neo-Renaissance profiling gives the building an additional quality. Railway station was the model of building same objects in other parts of Slovenia.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Stone bridge, long 150-200 m, based on four main pillars, about 40 meters high, is a remarkable technical monument in Carinthia and one of the most beautiful railway viaduct in Slovenia. Its specialty is that is built in a curve that climbs gently. Its construction began back in January of 1857th and was finished in 1863. After opening the railway track storm caused a lot of damage and in some parts destroyed it.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Ten-meter-long tunnel with an entrance through iron gate, with two rails in front of the entrance. The wall was newly renovated in the middle of the 80th. Passage of Franciscus rov came within the Geopark Karavanke under the auspices of the UNESCO cultural heritage.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje

Storey brick house, partly in the form of L has a wooden roof with bell. At the top are indicators that were once marked with the compass and the weather index. "Frlescimer" pozivalnica, klicalnica are different names for the building, which is located in the heart of the village Leše and was built by one of the first mining operation buildings. At 5 o'clock in the morning bell rang and woke up the miners to work.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje 

The first apartment building for workers' Preganthauz " was built in the first half of the 19th century for the purpose of residence for iron and coal workers. It was built on the right bank of the river Meža. The building with the typical architecture of the English workers' houses from the 18th and 19th centuries and has external corridor, which leads to the apartment. Preganthaus is depicted in the drawing Prevalje from the year 1840 by the Franz Clement.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Zell

The new parish church is located directly in the center of Zell/Sele, in a wonderful symbiosis with the old church and surrounding cemetery.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Prevalje 

Five houses in the hamlet of current Perzonali, at the end of the west side of Prevalje were built in the mid 19th century, during boom of the ironworks. Multi-apartment brick buildings are set on the banks of the river Meža. At the beginning were living space for workers of ironworks and miners. Flats are now modernized.


In Google Maps öffnen


City: Globasnitz

The water which spring in the rocks of the Rosalien caves and also accumulates there, has always attributed to a healing effect. Residents of surrounding villages had in the past this water used for the treatment of eye diseases. But water has not only beneficial affect on the eyes, but also help in other types of diseases. Through faith and superstition, of course, a small miracles can actually occur.


In Google Maps öffnen




              

© 2012-2016 geopark-karawanken.at - Find us on