Mining Museum Mežica

The building in Glančnik, where the museum is located today, was built in 1928 by the English owner of the mine. On the first floor and the second floor were the administrative rooms, and on the second floor there were apartments for the mine employees.

In the museum there are various collections:

  • Representation of the living culture of the miners from Mežica before the Second World War
  • Collection of ores, minerals and fossils
  • The mine surveying room
  • Collection of photographs by naturalist and photographer Maks Kunc



Podzemlje Pece d.o.o.
Glančnik 8
2392 Mežica

Phone: +386 (0)2 87 00 180